Friday 30 January 2009

A nice cosy Friday out of the gales

Well, that's my first week back almost finished. I thought someone was being really kind to me and had laid on nice fresh coffee this morning - until I realized that it was just the remains of yesterdays Head Teacher's meeting refreshments. Thanks and a PPP point each to Connor McLintock & Jamie McIver for helping me tidy up.
Quite a lot of this morning was taken up with arranging a Staff Reading Group meeting for next Friday - we will be discussing "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison (I guess I'd better read it soon!) - and I've put a note out for suggestions for next month's book.
Apart from normal admin stuff (why do I get THREE of Mr McIlvanney's English classes on a Friday?) I've also started to work on our Spring Read promotion. HOT NEWS - Catherine MacPhail (Nemesis, Roxy's Baby, Missing, etc) will be visiting us on 18th March to give a talk. Start saving up now if you want to buy one of her books so she can sign it for you!
Catch y'all next week....
SK

No comments: