Monday 9 February 2009

Welcome to two new Library Assistants


Here's our newest recruit to the Library staff - Toby. Toby will be a lot more strict than me when it comes to overdue books, carrying on, etc - however he can be bribed with cheese and onion sandwiches and jaffa cakes!
Seriously though, I first met Toby when, as a very junior part-time Library Assistant in Nottingham, I went on the "Rattle, Rhyme and Roll" course to learn how to run story and song events for the under 2-year-olds. These skills have, like Toby, followed me around from job to job. I don't plan on running any R, R & R sessions here (unless there is a real demand for them), but Toby told me he has not been happy sitting in the boot of my car since last October - so he now lives in the LRC! He has always been banished from home, as my wife doesn't like him (I don't know why, he's very friendly really).
Perhaps more importantly, Jamie McIver (2P5) has also been appointed as a new Library Assistant. Jamie is nowhere near as handsome as Toby, but will probably be better at shelving books. For a Library Assistant, Toby's knowledge of the alphabet is terrible. I once found him putting "The Hobbit" by JRR Tolkein back on the shelves under "F" - he said it was because the book is about Furry animals!

No comments: